Last night Catalan president, Carles Puigdemont, finally made his statement to the Parliament of Catalonia and he said two things. Firstly, that as a result of the referendum Catalonia has the right to become a sovereign state but that the effects of a declaration of independence would be suspended for a few weeks to allow […]
Yesterday’s General Strike in Catalonia in protest against the police brutality meted out against voters in Sunday’s referendum was yet another show of peaceful and civic good humour from the Catalans. The reaction of the Spanish government, through a statement made by King Felipe VI, was typically negative. The clear support of the Catalans for […]
The Spanish and Catalan governments moved a step closer to their inevitable head on collision yesterday. The Spanish government sent the Catalan Referendum Law to the Spanish Constitutional Court who promptly declared it unconstitutional and also announced legal proceedings against the Catalan politicians who tabled it and Spanish President Mariano Rajoy stated that the referendum […]
- Interview with Ian Crossland: Leader of the English Defence League
- Did Catalonia Declare Independence Last Night? What’s Going To Happen Next?
- Spanish Violence, Threats and Repression Before Possible Catalan Independence Declaration Today
- Football Lads Alliance and Veterans Against Terrorism March in London: The Start of Something Big
- Interview with Paul Weston of Liberty GB on Islam, the Left and the Problems Facing the West